The Bog Blog

A blog about growing carnivorous plants.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Venus Flytraps are blooming


The flowers may be a bit difficult to see, but if you click on the photo you can see that both plants are flowering. Silly, VFT's! I was worried about the transplant, but it seems as if the VFT's are fine. :) FYI - most people clip the flowers from their VFT's since they don't produce much seed and they use a lot of the plants reserves. I'll be clipping these flower stalks in the next day or so.


Here's another shot from a bit farther back. They're still looking straggly, but this spring I expect them to put on a good show.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Nelumbo said...

I let mine bloom once and the plant seemed to do OK. I wasn't able to collect any seeds, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home