The Bog Blog

A blog about growing carnivorous plants.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Going through a bit of a rainy spell

I took this shot last night as the rain was pouring down. So far, the bogs have held up much better than last year when the whole roof garden turned into a mud-spattered mess every time we got a rain storm.

Eye-level view of the newly replanted bog. The sarracenias (pitcher plants) have been heading toward dormancy, so I've been clipping the old pitchers as they die. In another month or two, almost all the pitchers will have died back. Starting in March, new pitchers will begin to grow again. My biggest concern in terms of transplants was the p. primulaflora (the butterwort flowering in the bog, directly above the red tag). At this point, they don't seem to have even noticed the move. New flowers continue to sprout from the original plant. This spring, at least 4 or 5 more plants should begin to flower as well. It will really make a nice display.

Nice shot of drosera adelae getting ready to flower. I haven't had this plant very long, and for a while I thought I'd killed it. Nice to see it doing better - though I think it may be confused as to what season it is.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Nelumbo said...

Glad your bog plants are doing well after the transplant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home