The Bog Blog

A blog about growing carnivorous plants.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Finally transplanted the bog

What a chore! There's not much room to work. Provided a good opportunity to check on the health of the plants in the bog though. Everybody seems to be in good shape. I hope the trauma of the transplant didn't do anybody any harm. Here's a couple of pictures of the old bog as I get ready to transplant.



Here's a pinguicula esseriana that I discovered hiding under this saracenia. About a year ago, on a whim I threw a couple of extra p. esseriana leaves into the bog and months later I discover this guy hiding here, with another sibling nearby.



Another surprise. Still haven't identified this little drosera. I love finding new cp's in my garden.



First out, some small sundews. Those won't be going into the new bog. They're getting their own pot.



Next to go is the Venus Fly Trap (VFT). This is also going to get its own pot.



The following picture was taken after I'd removed four drosera Capensis (Cape Sundews). These guys will also not be moving into the new bog. Bye bye, guys!



After removing about 1 1/2 inches of moss from around the VFT, I discovered I actually had two plants!



My workspace





Out with the old, in with the new!



Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the finished products!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home