The Bog Blog

A blog about growing carnivorous plants.

Monday, November 14, 2005

U. sandersonii - Little Pink Bunnies!

Edit note: In my excitement over my new blog, I forgot to let folks know where this picture came from! D'oh! This picture come's from Bob Ziemer's Carnivorous Plant Photo Finder. Check out all the great cp pix over there if you get a chance!

Utricularia sandersonii is a member of the bladderwort family. Believe it or not, this is a carnivorous plant. Most of the plant is below the surface along with the extremely tiny traps that collect microscopic prey underground (or in aquatic bladderworts - underwater).

Sadly, my sandersonii does not look this good. I have sandersonii "blue" which is a much more finicky variety. I think I finally have it figured out though because it looks like it will be blooming soon. As soon as I get flowers they will be posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home